DIY Ginger, Lemon & Turmeric Wellness Shot

By 2:12 PM , , , ,


Hello everyone. Can't believe it's almost the end of May & soon summer will be here. I can't wait for this rainy season to be over. I'm officially sick of rain & ready for some sunshine.

The past few weeks have felt quite busy for me & for some reason I haven't been sleeping well for various reasons. It's times like these where my immune system weakens due to all these factors (no sleep/bad weather/stress) & I need a boost. That's when I turn to my trusty friend, the wellness shot.

Even if you're not worried about getting sick, wellness shots can be a great pick-me-up. Here in Austin you can find em at many juice places, but I decided to make my own to save money. This recipe is awesome & will get you feeling like a superhero in no time!

The ingredients you'll need are: ginger, turmeric powder & lemon. All of these ingredients are antibacterial & great for the immune system. The ginger & lemon can help with boosting the metabolism, as well as alleviating nausea or indigestion. The turmeric has many antioxidants and several medicinal properties. For sake of convenience, you can substitute the turmeric for cayenne powder instead. I purchased my turmeric at a health foods store where you can buy it in bulk.

Juice from 1 lemon (1 oz)
Juice from 2-3 inches of Ginger Root (1 oz)
Pinch of Turmeric (or Cayenne)


I happened to pick the most inappropriate-looking ginger root (see above.) I had trouble juicing the ginger since I do not have an actual juicer. To get around this, I tried a few different methods & only one seemed to work. I put the entire root into a blender & added an ounce of water. I blended & then strained the ginger to get as much liquid as possible. This produced about 1 oz of ginger juice, which seemed sufficient.

After squeezing the lemon, I mixed the two together & sprinkled a dash of turmeric on top (which ended up sinking to the bottom.) Make sure you have a chaser of some sort, such as a glass of water & bottoms up! The shot feels a little funky going down mostly because of the ginger, so just make sure you have a chaser.

Hope you enjoy the wellness shot & good luck. If you have any questions don't hesitate to let me know. That's all for now.

Mars

You Might Also Like

0 comments