DIY Pore Minimizing Mask

By 3:49 PM , , , , , ,


Hello everyone! Hope you are all having a fantastic month of September! So I guess it's officially Fall? My month has been super busy & I love it, although I've got a lot of work to catch up on. Anyway, today I wanted to share with you a mask that will help reduce those annoying pores that prevent a flawless finish.

Maybe you don't suffer from noticeable pores, in which case you're very lucky. Keep in mind that doesn't exclude you from having to exfoliate regularly. Exfoliation not only reduces the size of pores, it rids the skin of pesky blackheads & dirt/chemicals hiding underneath the skin.

I personally have oily skin, so my pores happen to be pretty noticeable. I exfoliate a few times a week, making sure I'm not too abrasive. First things first, before you start this mask, make sure you wash your face before, so you have a fresh canvas to work with.


The three ingredients for this mask are baking soda, lemon & clay. Since clay is rather hard to come by, I'm using a mask that contains clay called Mint Julep Masque by Queen Helene. It's okay to make a substitution if you're lacking an ingredient. I like this clay mask because it's super cheap & contains spearmint, which also helps shrink pores.

Baking soda, along with clay & lemon help draw out impurities in the skin & eliminate ba. All three work to tighten the skin, replacing the dirt/chemicals with vitamins to improve the complexion. I like the texture that clay produces because it helps with an smooth coating. Baking soda & lemon also help prevent acne, which is a major bonus for this mask.


1 lemon half
1 tbs baking soda (15 grams)
1 tbs clay (15 grams)

Squeeze the lemon half, mixing it with the baking soda & clay. When combined with the baking soda, it will fizz a little, so just mix it until it stops bubbling. You should be left with a consistency that's not too runny or too thick. 


After having completely washed your face, massage the mask all over. The baking soda will hopefully make the mask a bit rough for exfoliation. Leave it on for about 10-15 minutes, until it becomes dry & crusty. Rinse it off & follow up with a moisturizer to lock in the goodness.

I recommend doing a natural mask about once or twice a week. If you have sensitive skin, sometimes applying masks too often can cause breakouts.

Well I hope you get to try this natural remedy for shrinking pores! As always, let me know if you have any questions. That's all for now!

-Mars

You Might Also Like

0 comments