My Favorite Underrated Drugstore Lipstick Brand

By 3:57 PM , , , ,


Hello everyone! For a while now I've had a pretty strong obsession with lipstick. I just think it's so fun & classic to wear out & about. In just an instant, it can add tons of style to a look. I tend to go for lipsticks that look vintage or have an old fashioned feel. Sometimes this style lipstick can be tricky to find in the drugstore, so I wanted to talk about a brand that has it all when it comes to lipstick & that's Revlon!

For a lipstick addict like myself the most important thing I look for is price & let me tell you, Revlon has one of the most affordable lipstick lines I've seen on the market. The important thing to note is you won't be trading quality for a good price because their lipsticks are incredible, but I'll get more into that later.



Over the years, I've collected a ton of Revlon lipstick, I'm surprised I don't have them all. Fortunately, it did not break the bank too much. I saw them on sale at my local grocery store the other day for around 3 dollars & they generally go for around 4 to 5 dollars, where other lipsticks can go for 8 to 10 dollars. How amazing is that? Oh, & they have dozens of shades to choose from.

Each lipstick is put into a category to better describe the shade: creme, matte, pearl & shine. I've found myself picking the creme & matte more than the other shades, although they're all wonderful. Each lipstick goes on smooth & lasts for a while without fading. The colors are generally very pigmented & moisturizing, for better application.

The packaging is also very sleek, which is probably another reason I end up purchasing them so much. In order to get a little peek at the shade, the top of the lipstick tube is clear. This way, you don't have to break the seal & take a peek. I think the black & gold is a lot classier than other lipsticks, as well.

Here are a few of my favorite shades:


The shade Really Red happens to be my favorite red lipstick ever. It has just enough depth to appear blood red on the lips. This is coming from a girl who struggles so hard to find truly red lipsticks, so trust me on this.


Searching for the perfect lipstick for summer? Look no further because Coralberry has just what you need. It has a lovely pink undertone that is flattering on anyone. Definitely my top choice for a coral lipstick.


Toast of New York takes the cake for my favorite lipstick of all time. I get asked about this lipstick the most, so it must be doing something right. It's a very deep red with a brownish undertone that makes the lips look fabulous. I definitely can't leave the house without this baby.

Hope you enjoyed learning about my unhealthy obsession with lipstick! If you, too, have this obsession let me know & we can talk about it. #LipstickLoversAnonymous

-Mars

You Might Also Like

0 comments