Eeyore's Birthday in Austin 2014

By 11:47 PM , , ,


Eeyore's Birthday is a fundraiser in Austin where people come together to celebrate the birthday of our favorite melancholy donkey from Winnie the Pooh. This was my first year attending the wild event with some family and friends and I loved it. There were so many beautiful people and fun activities to do and drum circles!

Eeyore's Birthday is a perfect opportunity for people to embrace their inner weirdness. Costumes are encouraged and freedom is enforced. 

Here are a few people who decided to go all out this year with their costumes!



It's a kid-friendly event too!

'


I spot Eeyore's tail!


My favorite picture. Is that a pink beard? And a skirt? This guy is awesome.



I'm loving the tropical bird accessory.


This girl's outfit is beautiful!


There were also activities like couple's yoga. It was a gorgeous, sunny day and the location was perfect for the event. Toward the evening, the crowd didn't waiver. There were still tons of people and many of them decided not to wear anything!


Here's the tribute to Eeyore. I wish I could have petted this cutie. He looks kind of sad, but I'm sure many people gave him lots of love. 


Here's another drum circle! Being a part of a drum circle is an incredible feeling. It feels liberating that everyone around you is feeling the same euphoria. At first I was a little hesitant because I get nervous dancing in front of lots of people, but they invited me in and I felt right at home. After a while, I completely forgot I was around a bunch of people because it was just so freeing. The best part about drum circles, besides the amazing cardio is they never stop! They just keep on going and it's hard to break out of that rhythmic trance.



I can't wait to go next year. I know there are several other events like this around Austin, so I'll be on the lookout for some of those. And finally, one last happy birthday to Eeyore!


-Mars

You Might Also Like

0 comments